This magical adventure cruises for eight days from Porec to Dubrovnik and will bring you through some of the best of Croatia and beyond. Sail on a luxurious small ship for an intimate, authentic experience that will bring you to explore popular cities like Split and Dubrovnik as well as lesser-known treasures like Rovinj and Pula, along with island gems and magnificent national parks. Along the way you’ll be able to take advantage of swim stops for refreshing dips in the Adriatic Sea, sample lots of delicious traditional and modern food and drink (including fine local wines) and discover some of the most fascinating history on the planet.
At a Glance
- Sail in comfort from Porec to Dubrovnik with modern amenities aboard an elegant small ship
- Soak up the sun and the beautiful Dalmatian coast scenery
- Take advantage of the ship’s swimming platform with ladders for easy access to the sea
- Take walking tours led by knowledgeable local guides through the cobbled streets of ancient Old Towns and the scenic paths of national parks
- Feast on delicious Croatian cuisine in traditional restaurants
- Lavish breakfast buffet plus six lunches all included, with all meals prepared fresh onboard
- Welcome Cocktail Reception, Captain’s Dinner with live local entertainment
- Professional, dedicated Cruise Director
- Private airport transfers included
Day by Day Itinerary
Your ship will be waiting at Poreč Port where you’ll be able to embark at 2pm on. Drop off your luggage and explore this summer resort town on the Istrian Peninsula or simply relax in your cabin and enjoy the facilities on the ship. In the evening, a Welcome Cocktail Reception will be hosted followed by dinner, where you’ll be introduced to the captain and crew as well as get to know your fellow passengers.
Rovinj, Brijuni National Park, Pula (B, L)
Our cruising begins by sailing along the spectacular Istrian Peninsula, with the first stop romantic Rovinj. Take a walk through your guide to discover this primarily Venetian Old Town known for attracting artists from around the world. Built with limestone that sparkles in the sun, you’ll stroll the narrow cobblestone streets that lead to the foot of the beautiful baroque-style Church of St. Euphemia. Afterward we’ll sail to what was once the private summer residence of President Marshal Josip Broz Tito. Especially scenic, it offers impressive heritage, flora and fauna. Our next stop is one of the most spectacular cities in Istria, Pula. An important provincial center toward the end of the Roman Empire era, it boasts the most well-preserved Roman ruins anywhere other than Italy. Learn about its history on a walking guided tour of the Roman amphitheater, constructed from 27 BC to 68 AD. It’s the only one in the world you’ll that still has a complete circle wall. Enjoy the remainder of your day exploring enticing Pula on your own.
Mali Losinj and Zadar (B, L, D)
This morning we sail to the baroque Venetian fishing village of Mali Lošinj, so pretty it looks like a postcard with its fragrant pine trees and wonderful fresh air known to soothe body and soul. Look forward to a swim stop, enjoying the sparkling blue waters of the Adriatic as we head north to Zadar while feasting on a delicious dinner onboard.
Krka National Park and Primošten (B, L)
Look forward to an inspiring guided tour through the Venetian city of Zadar with its peaceful streets made of marble. In the compact, pedestrian historical center, you’ll be able to gaze up at the 16th-century walls, built to defend the city from invading Turks. Marvel at the soaring Romanesque Zadar Cathedral, Dalmatia’s largest, along with the 16th-century Port Gate with its Venetian lion still guarding the entrance to the Old Town today. The Roman Forum, Square of the Five Wells and Church of St. Donat are all on the agenda too. Relax on the ship as we cruise on to Vodice to take a trip through Krka National Park, famous for its waterfalls. Tonight, we’ll anchor in Primošten, and you’ll have time to explore it on your own.
Split and Hvar (B, L)
Upon arrival into gorgeous Split, you’ll be led on a truly unforgettable tour through the 4th-century Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace. Covering nearly half the historic inner city, this UNESCO-protected site is filled with the city’s impressive Roman heritage, containing some of the most valuable surviving buildings from the Roman era on the Adriatic coast. Back on board, we journey to the popular island of Hvar. This long, sunny island is especially popular among jetsetters, including celebrities. But behind the glamour, there’s lots of history and grand architecture to discover. Take a walking tour to see and learn more about its most alluring, like Europe’s oldest public theater, dating back to the early 17th-century. You’ll have time to explore on your own, checking out the restaurants, cafes and shops housed in Venetian buildings that line the maze of backstreets.
Korcula and Mljet (B, L, CD)
The charming island of Korcula is on our itinerary next – often referred to as a mini-Dubrovnik with its magical fortified Old Town. The birthplace of intrepid explorer Marco Polo, you’ll see lots of traces of its Venetian past. Take a walking tour with your knowledge guide through this fairytale like place with its cobbled streets and alleyways, standing in front of the stunning Cathedral of St. Park as you learn more about its history. Afterward we cruise to lush Mljet with its dense forest and saltwater lakes is a nature lover’s delight. We’ll anchor here, enjoying the Captain’s Dinner with live music tonight.
Dubrovnik (B, L, D)
A highlight for many, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Dubrovnik is our final stop. Look forward to a walking tour of this ‘Pearl of the Adriatic,’ visiting majestic places like Rector’s Palace and the Franciscan Monastery’s Pharmacy. You’ll have the remainder of the day to explore, perhaps walking atop the ancient walls, which provides a fabulous view of the Old Town and the island-dotted Adriatic. Tonight, you’ll have the chance to say you goodbyes and perhaps exchange contact information with fellow passengers, now new friends, in one of the local restaurants.
With departure day here, after breakfast you’ll be taken by private transfer to the airport or your hotel in Dubrovnik – we hope to see you again soon.
- 7-nights on a small-ship cruise from Porec to Dubrovnik on the M/S Stella Maris, a deluxe vessel with modern amenities and comfortable en-suite cabins
- Welcome cocktail reception with dinner
- Extensive breakfast buffet provided daily
- Six lunches and one dinner onboard plus one dinner in a local restaurant
- Captain’s Dinner with live music
- Complimentary coffee, tea and filtered water provided throughout the cruise
- Including guided tours of Dubrovnik, Korčula, Hvar, Split, Krka National Park, Zadar, Mali Lošinj, Pula, Brijuni National Park and Rovinj
- Dedicated Cruise Manager throughout the trip
- Baggage handling
- Whisper audio technology to enhance guided tours
- Free onboard Wi-Fi
- Private airport transfers to and from the ship
What's Not Included
- Port taxes of €90 per person
- Return flights to Croatia. (Please ask us if you would like flights included in your package)
2020 Departures from Porec to Dubrovnik
- April 25th
- May 9th, 23rd
- June 6th, 20th
- July 4th, 18th
- August 1st, 15th, 29th
- September 12th, 26th
- October 10th