7-Night Split to Rijeka Deluxe Balcony Cruise
Split – Hvar – Vis – Sibenik – Kornati – Zadar – Rab – Goli Otok – Krk - Rijeka
Kick off an unforgettable cruise through Croatia in the magnificent ancient city of Split, sailing to the port city of Rijeka. This is an ideal excursion for exploring some of the country’s most popular destinations along with more hidden gems. Stop at cosmopolitan Hvar, the remote island of Vis, Sibenik with its impressive medieval heart, Kornati National Park, the Roman/Venetian city of Zadar, Rab – the “island of love,” the former notorious political prisoner camp of Goli Otok and Croatia’s largest island, Krk. Your journey is enjoyed on an elegant ship accommodating up to 36 passengers for a personalized experience. Look forward to lots of delicious Croatian cuisine, swim stops and plenty of jaw-dropping scenery.
At a Glance
- Cruise aboard a new deluxe balcony ship with complimentary Wi-Fi and spacious air-conditioned en-suite cabins
- Don’t just watch the passing scenery, immerse yourself in exciting destinations through expert-led tours complemented with Whisper technology
- Swim from the ship, jumping into the sea from the swimming platform with ladders
- Enjoy a Welcome Reception with dinner to get to know your fellow passengers and a Captain’s Dinner with live local entertainment
- Buffet breakfasts provided each day along with six lunches and one dinner in a local eatery
- Expert Cruise Director to ensure and exceptional experience throughout the trip
Day by Day Itinerary
Upon your arrival to Split International Airport, you’ll be met by private transfer, taken to the harbor in Split where your ship awaits. Embarkation is from 2pm on – you can drop off your luggage, relax in your comfortable cabin and enjoy the facilities or explore the waterfront. Strolling the Riva promenade and stopping to sip a glass of local wine or enjoy coffee while people watching is highly recommended. In the evening, the Welcome Cocktail Reception followed by dinner will be hosted onboard, allowing you to meet and mingle with fellow passengers, and get an introduction to the captain and crew.
Hvar and Vis (B, L)
Before we begin sailing, you’ll get a closer look at Split’s magnificent historical center with a guided tour. This UNESCO-listed site is filled with medieval architecture, including the many stunning Roman buildings in the 4th-century Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace. Once back onboard, we’ll cruise to glamorous Hvar, with its luxurious resorts and upscale restaurants attracting plenty of VIPs. Beyond that is 800 years of history to explore – you’ll take a walking tour to discover Hvar Town’s medieval center to see landmarks like the majestic Renaissance cathedral and the oldest theater in Europe, dating back to the 16th-century. We’re on to unspoiled Vis to overnight.
Sibenik (B, L)
Waking up to a beautiful view of Vis, a place that was off limits to the public for some 40 years as it was used as a military base, you join a guided tour of Vis town, founded in the 4th-century BC, located along the waterfront. Cruising on to Sibenik, an ancient walled city along the coast, you’ll get to take another fascinating guided walking tour to learn about its defense system that kept invading enemies out for centuries and witness sites like Sibenik Cathedral, one of Croatia’s most important architectural monuments from the Renaissance period.
Kornati National Park and Zadar (B, L)
From Sibenik we cruise to Kornati National Park with its more than 140 islands and islets. A swim stop in the crystal-clear azure waters is provided while you enjoy the spectacular scenery. Sailing on to the beautiful Roman/Venetian city of Zadar to anchor for the night.
Rab (B, L, D)
Start the day with a tour of Croatia’s oldest continuously inhabited city. Zadar has an especially rich cultural and historical heritage, and your guide will point out impressive sights like the city’s symbol, the 9th-century church of St. Donatus, the city walls and 16th-century gates and a Roman forum that dates all the way back to the 1st century. We cruise on to the so-called “island of love,” Rab Island, with its stone streets, ancient walls, majestic palaces and Romanesque towers. In the evening, join us for dinner in an eatery that sits at Rab’s highest point. From here, you’ll enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the Adriatic as well as Pag, Krk, Cres and Losinj islands along with a delicious meal.
Goli Otok and Krk (B, L, CD)
A somber stop begins the day with a visit to the uninhabited island of Goli Otok. While it appears as picturesque ruins today, this is the former site of a notorious labor and prison camp that incarcerated people for the political beliefs, serving as a memorial today. Sailing on we journey to the largest island in Croatia, Krk, enjoying the lavish Captain’s Dinner complete with live entertainment onboard tonight.
Rijeka (B, L)
Before we cruise to our final stop, you’ll board a coach for a tour of the incredibly scenic village of Vrbnik. It’s tucked among limestone cliffs overlooking the sea, while its narrow streets are lined with historic stone houses that will take you back to another time. Finally, we reach the port city of Rijeka with roots dating to the early 17th-century. Join a local guide to discover its picturesque neoclassical palaces and other impressive landmarks as well as its castle that sits on a hill overlooking it all.
After breakfast, it will be time for departure. Pack your bags and enjoy a meal with your fellow passengers, now new friends, saying your farewells.
- A 7-night cruise departing from Split and culminating in Rijeka
- Travel in a luxurious en-suite cabin with air-conditioning and modern amenities on the Deluxe Superior M/S My Wish
- Welcome reception with dinner
- Breakfast buffet provided daily
- Six lunches onboard plus dinner at a local eatery and a onboard Captain’s Dinner with live entertainment
- Free coffee and tea throughout the cruise
- Including guided tours of Split, Hvar, Vis, Sibenik, Kornati National Park, Zadar, Goli Otok, Vrbnik & Rijeka
- Complimentary filtered water onboard
- Inspiring Cruise Director
- Luggage handling
- Locally-led tours using Whisper technology
- Complimentary onboard Wi-Fi
What's not Included
- Port taxes of €85 per person
- Return flights to Croatia (Please ask us if you would like flights included in your package)