Luxury Dubrovnik to Split Balcony Cruise 2022
Hop aboard a luxurious small ship for an intimate cruise sailing from Dubrovnik to Split. Along the way enjoy an enchanting island-hopping journey, discovering captivating Croatian islands like lush Mljet, storybook Korcula, unspoiled Vis and cosmopolitan Hvar. Look forward to special experiences like a visit to an oyster farm with a tasting, a boat tour through the magical Blue Cave and a visit to Krka Waterfalls National Park.
At a Glance
- 7-night luxury cruise, one-way from Dubrovnik to Split
- Accommodation in a luxurious cabin with a private balcony
- Visit some of Croatia’s most stunning islands and alluring cities, all hand-picked for the most memorable experience
- Guided tour through Old City Dubrovnik and a walk atop its medieval walls + guided walking tours in Korcula, Hvar, Split & Krka and Mljet national parks
- Boat excursion to the renowned Blue Cave + Food and wine tasting experiences, including fresh oysters in Ston
- Onboard chef preparing fresh, delicious half-board meals onboard
- Special dinners, including a welcome dinner and the captain’s farewell dinner with live music
- Private airport arrival and departure transfers
Day by Day Itinerary
Dubrovnik: Welcome Meeting and Cocktail Reception (D)
Your 7-night cruise through Croatia begins upon your arrival to Dubrovnik Airport. You’ll be met by your private driver for transfer to Gruz Harbour where your luxurious vessel awaits with check-in anytime from 2 p.m. on. You’ll get the party started quickly by meeting with our local guide for a tour of the walled Old City Dubrovnik, discovering its iconic medieval landmarks before returning to the ship. Afterward, join us for a meet-and-greet cocktail reception which will include introductions to your fellow island-hopping passengers, the captain and crew, followed by a three-course welcome dinner with time to get to know everyone.
Slano: Oyster Tasting
Your cruise begins by heading to the traditional fishing village of Slano on the mainland. It’s the gateway to another fortified village, Ston, famous for its shellfish cultivation since the days of the Roman Empire. You’ll have time to check out the impressive ramparts and defensive stone walls that stretch for over four miles and date back to 1333, before taking a short stroll down the coast to an oyster farm. Enjoy a tour to find out more about Ston’s famous delicacy, how they’re produced and harvested, as well as enjoying fresh samples with their unique flavors unlike any you’ve tried before.
Korcula: Explore Mljet Island + Korcula Town Walking Tour
Mljet is the first island on your itinerary, famous for its national park. It’s home to two saltwater lakes that range in color from turquoise to emerald, framed by lush greenery. Inside Great Lake is a tiny islet topped with an ancient Benedictine monastery and abbey. After exploring, return to the ship and we’ll sail to Korcula, best known as the birthplace of intrepid explorer Marco Polo. In walled Korcula his alleged place of birth, the House of Marco Polo, serves as a museum. You’ll see it and plenty of Venetian influence from the island’s days under Venetian rule, on a guided tour.
Vis: Blue Cave Tour + Irresistible Vis (B,L)
Before reaching one of the furthest inhabited islands off the Croatian mainland, we’ll stop for a tour the famous Blue Cave. You’ll be amazed as the interior is lit up in a surreal blue glow, with the sun reflecting on the limestone bottom. Cruising on to discover the irresistible charms of Vis, kept off limits to the public for 40 years while used by the Yugoslav military, it’s managed to stay largely untouched by tourism. Enjoy the well-preserved traditional architecture as you walk the stone streets and along the waterfront. With exclusive Croatian wines produced here, be sure to enjoy a glass.
Hvar: Hvar Town Tour & Wine Tasting (B,L,T)
Glamorous Hvar is our next destination, renowned for its world-class restaurants, buzzing nightlife and striking natural beauty. You’ll notice lots of superyachts in the harbor as it tends to attract international jetsetters and celebrities. We’ll anchor at Hvar Town where you’ll meet our local guide for a tour of the historic center before heading to one of the island’s most popular wineries in the small town of Jelsa for a tasting. After returning, enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure – we recommend finding a table to enjoy an alfresco meal for dinner with a sunset view.
Sibenik: Krka Waterfalls National Park Tour + Captain’s Dinner in Sibenik (B,L,D)
Traveling back toward the coast, we’ll stop in the ancient city of Sibenik which dates back more than a thousand years. It’s the gateway to Krka Waterfalls National Park which you’ll get to explore with a local guide. After marveling at the magnificent falls, return to Sibenik with time to wander through the labyrinth of backstreets and alleyways, and visit the 15th-century Cathedral of St. James, decorated with 71 sculpted faces. St. Michael’s Fortress, made of white stone, boasts spectacular views of Sibenik Bay and nearby islands. Back on board this evening, the captain’s dinner will be hosted with live entertainment included.
Split: Diocletian’s Palace Tour (B,L)
Last but certainly not least, your 7-night island-hopping adventure ends in ancient Split, Croatia’s second largest city. It dates all the way back to the late 3rd century when Roman Emperor Diocletian chose it as his retirement residence. Meet up with our local guide for a walking tour through his grand palace, a maze-like complex that covers nearly half the historic center and one of the most well-preserved monuments of Roman architecture in the world. Afterward, do some discovering on your own, popping into the boutiques and enjoying dinner in one of the centuries-old buildings that have been converted into cafes and restaurants.
Split Departure (B)
With departure day here you’ll want to have your bags packed and ready early. Disembarkation is usually around 9 a.m., but your cruise director will inform you of your specific scheduled transfer time. Enjoy one last breakfast on board and farewells to your fellow passengers and crew before taking private transfer to Split International Airport or your local hotel.
- Private arrival transfer from Dubrovnik Airport or your Dubrovnik hotel
- Private departure transfer to Split Airport or your Split hotel
- 7-night luxury balcony cruise, sailing from Dubrovnik to Split, one way
- Meet-and-greet cocktail reception plus three-course welcome dinner
- Daily breakfast and multicourse lunches
- Captain’s Dinner, with live entertainment
- Fresh fruit provided daily
- Complimentary tea, coffee and filtered water
- Wine tasting at a family-run winery on Hvar
- Oyster farm tour in Ston with a fresh oyster tasting
- Guided walking tours in Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar and Split
- Entrance fees to the Blue Cave, Mljet National Park and Dubrovnik city walls
- Professional cruise manager included throughout
- Baggage handling
- Daily cabin service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Return flights to Croatia. (Please ask if you would like us to book flights for you)
- Prices based on double occupancy in twin or double rooms. The single person supplement is 70 percent.
2022 Dubrovnik to Split Departures
- May 14th, 28th,
- June 11th, 25th
- July 9th, 23rd
- August 6th, 20th
- September 3rd, 17th
- October 1st