7-Night Luxury Split to Dubrovnik Balcony Cruise
This small-ship cruise offers an intimate, personal experience with exceptional service provided thanks to the low passenger to crew ratio, while bringing you to many of Croatia’s top sights along with lesser-known gems. Follow expert guides through medieval walled Old Towns, swim off the shores of some of the most stunning beaches in Europe and enjoy plenty of delicious Dalmatian flavors, from wine tasting to oysters, enjoyed right from the farm.
At a Glance
- Inspiring walking tour through the 4th-century Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace in Split
- Swim beneath Skradinski Buk waterfall in Krka National Park
- Marvel at one of the country’s most important Renaissance monuments in Sibenik
- Take a Jeep safari tour on unspoiled Vis, a former military island closed to the public for 40 years
- Witness the wonder of the renowned Blue Cave on Bisevo Island
- Take a guided tour that includes a wine tasting and a visit to the Spanjola Fortress on Hvar
- Stroll through the storybook walled town of Korcula with a local guide and enjoy a traditional dinner in a charming village
- Visit the saltwater lakes in Mljet National Park and sample fresh oysters at an oyster farm in Ston
- Join a guided tour of the romantic, cobbled streets of Dubrovnik and walk atop the Old City walls
Day by Day Itinerary
Your 7-night island hopping cruise begins in ancient Split. You’ll be met by our driver at Split Airport for private transfer to the harbor. Check-in is anytime from 2 p.m. on – drop off your bags, get settled in and then follow our guide for a tour of the maze-like streets in Diocletian’s Palace with its impressive Roman architecture. Return to the ship in time for the 7 p.m. Welcome Cocktail Reception for introductions to the captain, crew and your fellow passengers.
Sibenik and Krka Waterfalls National Park
We’ll set sail for the 1,000-year-old town of Sibenik this morning, the gateway to Krka Waterfalls National Park. Take a walk on the meandering pathways for views of the enchanting cascades and enjoy a dip under Skradinski Buk waterfall before we return to Sibenik. You’ll have time to wander through this picturesque fortified city along the coast with its renowned architecture, like the Sibenik Cathedral, one of the most important architectural monuments from the Renaissance period in the country.
Continuing our cruise to the unspoiled island of Vis which has changed little over the years as a formal strategic Yugoslav naval base, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in nature and history with a Jeep safari tour. Enjoy the spectacular views along the way, including serene vineyards, while discovering former military hideouts and one of the world’s oldest cricket clubs. If you’ve watched “Mama Mia 2,” you might recognize some of the sights as Vis was used a film setting.
We have lots on the agenda today with the first stop on Bisevo island, for a tour of the famous Blue Cave. You’ll enter in a small boat to marvel interior, illuminated in an ethereal blue when conditions are right. Upon our arrival to sunny Hvar, enjoy a wine tasting tour at one of the island’s most popular family-run wineries and then enjoy a visit to the Spanjola Fortress with its panoramic views over Old Town Hvar, the sea and nearby islands.
This morning we venture to Korcula and its storybook walled Old Town, a favorite for many on this unforgettable itinerary. Once we anchor, you’ll meet our guide who will take you through the narrow, cobbled streets to view the impressive Venetian-gothic architecture and learn more about the alleged birthplace of explorer Marco Polo along with reason for the fishbone layout of the streets. Afterward, we’ll head to a traditional village where you’ll enjoy a typical Dalmatian dinner, complete with local entertainment.
Thursday: Mljet and Slano/Ston
We’ll visit lush Mljet Island where you’ll explore its national park with our local guide. Take a walk to see its famous saltwater lakes, including Great Lake, home to an islet that houses a 12th-century Benedictine Monastery. Next, we head to the walled fishing village of Slano which lies near the small fortified village of Ston, famous for its oysters. Visit a Ston oyster farm to sample the delicacy before enjoying the Captain’s Farewell Dinner with live music back onboard.
Departing early this morning for Dubrovnik, your final full day begins with a magical view of the exterior of its medieval walls, with impressive bastions, casemates, forts and towers before heading inside. Take a walking tour to marvel at the impressive historic buildings, including some that were featured in HBO’s “Game of Thrones.” Walk atop the walls that encircle the Old City for views of its red tiled roofs, the sea and nearby islands before enjoying dinner in one of the many enticing eateries.
Get your bags packed and ready and then fuel up for your travels with one last breakfast with time for farewells with your fellow passengers and crew. You’ll be met by private transfer to Dubrovnik Airport or your onward hotel in the city. If you’d like to stick around longer and haven’t made plans yet, our travel experts will be happy to help. Otherwise, we hope to see you on another cruise again soon!
- 7 nights of cruising on a luxury ship from Split to Dubrovnik
- Accommodation in a spacious, air-conditioned cabin, some with private balconies
- Private arrival and departure transfers
- Welcome reception with cocktails and dinner
- Two other evening meals, including the Captain’s Dinner and a a traditional dinner in a Croatian village
- Daily buffet-style breakfasts and three-course set lunches
- Choice of drink (soda, beer or wine) with included lunches and dinners
- Filtered water, tea and coffee provided for free throughout the trip
- Guided tours provided in Split, Hvar, Ston, Korcula, Dubrovnik and Krka Waterfalls National Park
- Safari Jeep tour on Vis Island
- Oyster and mussel tasting at a Ston oyster farm
- Wine tasting at a family-run winery on Hvar
- Admission fees for Mljet National Park, the Blue Cave and Dubrovnik city walls
- Professional and attentive cruise director throughout
- Daily cabin cleaning service
- Baggage handling
- Complimentary Wi-Fi available onboard
- Port fees and visitor taxes
What's Not Included
- Return flights to Croatia. (Please speak to us about including flights in your package)
- Single person supplement is 70 percent; prices based on double occupancy in double or twin rooms
2021 Departure Dates
- May 8th, 22nd
- June 5th, 19th
- July 3rd, 17th, 31st
- August 14th, 28th
- September 11th, 25th
- October 9th