7-Night Luxury Split to Dubrovnik Balcony Cruise
Hop aboard a luxury small ship for an intimate journey sailing from the “Pearl of the Adriatic,” Dubrovnik after a tour of the UNESCO listed Old City. Along the way, you’ll take in beautiful islands, swim in crystal-clear turquoise waters, explore fascinating history and feast on lots of delicious Dalmatian fare, paired with fine local wines. Just a few of the highlights include a tour through Korcula’s “mini-Dubrovnik” walled Old Town, a refreshing dip under a waterfall at Krka National Park, a wine tour at a highly sought after family winery in Hvar and of course fresh oyster harvesting.
At a Glance
- Inspiring walking tour through the 4th-century Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace in Split
- Visit the breathtaking Skradinski Buk waterfall in Krka National Park
- Marvel at one of the country’s most important Renaissance monuments in Sibenik
- Explore the unspoiled island of Vis, a former military island closed to the public for 40 years
- Witness the wonder of the renowned Blue Cave on Bisevo Island
- Enjoy a guided wine tour in Hvar at one of Croatia's most sought after family wineries
- Stroll through the storybook walled town of Korcula with a local guide and learn more about the birthplace of Marco Polo
- Visit the saltwater lakes in Mljet National Park and sample fresh oysters at an oyster farm in Ston
- Join a guided tour of the romantic, cobbled streets of the beautiful UNESCO listed Old Town that is Dubrovnik
Day by Day Itinerary
Your 7-night island hopping cruise begins in ancient Split. You’ll be met by our driver at Split Airport for private transfer to the harbor. Check-in is anytime from 2 p.m. on – drop off your bags, get settled in and then follow our guide for a tour of the maze-like streets in Diocletian’s Palace with its impressive Roman architecture. Return to the ship in time for the 7 p.m. Welcome Cocktail Reception for introductions to the captain, crew and your fellow passengers.
Sibenik and Krka Waterfalls National Park
We’ll set sail for the 1,000-year-old town of Sibenik this morning, the gateway to Krka Waterfalls National Park. Take a walk on the meandering pathways for views of the enchanting cascades and enjoy beautiful views of the stunning Skradinski Buk waterfall before we return to Sibenik. You’ll have time to wander through this picturesque fortified city along the coast with its renowned architecture, like the Sibenik Cathedral, one of the most important architectural monuments from the Renaissance period in the country.
We set off from Sibenik and make our way toward the island known for offering a slice of “the Mediterranean as it once was,” Vis. Before arriving in Vis, we visit the tiny island of Bisevo which is home to the world-renowned Blue Cave. Enjoy a tour of the Blue Cave and witness its interior illuminated in a surreal blue glow. We continue on to Vis, which was closed down to the public for 40 years as a military base leaving it largely undeveloped and unspoiled, you’ll have free time to explore this charming picturesque town.
We bid farewell to Vis and make our way to the beautiful and jetset island of Hvar. On route we will sail through the picturesque Pakleni Islands and enjoy a swim stop in a beautiful bay. After lunch we will arrive in Hvar where our local guide will give a short tour of the Old Town before we set off on a tour of the island and visit one of Croatia’s most sought after family wineries. We return to Hvar in the evening in time for guests to dine out alfresco in one of the towns many top class restaurants.
This morning we venture to Korcula and its storybook walled Old Town, a favorite for many on this unforgettable itinerary. Once we anchor, you’ll meet our guide who will take you through the narrow, cobbled streets to view the impressive Venetian-gothic architecture and learn more about the alleged birthplace of explorer Marco Polo along with reason for the fishbone layout of the streets. Tonight enjoy an optional traditional Dalmatian dinner at a family run restaurant which is always a favorite with our guests.
Thursday: Mljet and Slano/Ston
We’ll visit lush Mljet Island where you’ll explore its national park with our local guide. Take a walk to see its famous saltwater lakes, including Great Lake, home to an islet that houses a 12th-century Benedictine Monastery. Next, we head to the walled fishing village of Slano which lies near the small fortified village of Ston, famous for its oysters. Visit a Ston oyster farm to sample the delicacy before enjoying the Captain’s Farewell Dinner with live music back onboard.
Departing early this morning for Dubrovnik, your final full day begins with a magical view of the exterior of its medieval walls, with impressive bastions, casemates, forts and towers before heading inside. Take a walking tour with our expert local guide to marvel at the impressive historic buildings, including some that were featured in HBO’s “Game of Thrones.” Spend your final evening enjoying dinner on your own in the Old Town and soaking up the wonderful atmosphere.
Get your bags packed and ready and then fuel up for your travels with one last breakfast with time for farewells with your fellow passengers and crew. You’ll be met by a driver who will transfer to Dubrovnik Airport or your onward hotel in the city. If you’d like to stick around longer and haven’t made plans yet, our travel experts will be happy to help. Otherwise, we hope to see you on another cruise again soon!
- Luxury accommodation in a spacious, air-conditioned cabin, some with private balconies
- Brand new luxury vessel with both Jacuzzi and on board pool
- Daily buffet-style breakfasts and three-course set lunches
- Choice of one drink (soft drink, beer or wine) with included lunches and dinners
- Two evening meals, including a Welcome Reception and Captain’s Dinner with live entertainment
- Complimentary filtered water, tea and coffee provided throughout the trip
- On board wine and olive oil tasting experience
- Guided walking tours in Split, Hvar, Ston, Korcula and Dubrovnik
- Entrance and guided tour of Krka Waterfalls National Park
- Fresh oyster and mussel tasting experience at a Ston oyster farm
- Wine tasting at a highly sought after family-run winery in Hvar
- Admission fees to Mljet National Park
- Guided tour of the mesmerising Blue Cave on Bisevo Island
- Professional and attentive cruise director throughout with on board lectures
- Daily cabin cleaning service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi available onboard
- Return transfers included
- Port fees and visitor taxes
What's Not Included
- Return flights to Croatia. (Please speak to us about including flights in your package)
- Single person supplement is 70 percent; prices based on double occupancy in double or twin rooms
2021 Split to Dubrovnik Departures
- May 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- June 5th, 12th, 19th
- July 3rd, 17th, 31st
- August 14th, 28th
- September 11th, 25th
- October 9th