7-Night Opatija Deluxe Balcony Cruise
Opatija - Rab Island - Zadar - Plitvice Lakes National Park - Losinj Island - Cres Island - Opatija
A fantastic Deluxe Balcony Cruise from Opatija, where you explore the magnificent northern Croatian coastline and tranquil islands on a state-of-the-art ship, whilst enjoying a high level of personalized service, delicious onboard meals and a selection of guided tours and gastronomic experiences.
You will stop on various islands and medieval towns on this deluxe cruise adventure, from wonderful Rab Island, the town of Zadar, Losinj Island, Cres Island & a tour of the magnificent and spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park. Enjoy breathtaking nature, charming medieval towns and pristine coastline on board a brand new ship.
At a Glance
- A Deluxe Cruise on board a new balcony ship from the elegant town of Opatija visiting magnificent islands and cities along the spectacular Kvarner coast
- Guided walking tours of the charming medieval towns of Zadar, Rab Town, Losinj and Opatija
- Guided tour of the UNESCO-listed, breathtaking Plitvice Lakes National Park with cascading lakes & travertine waterfalls
- Sumptuous breakfast & delicious 4-course lunch daily on board, prepared by our talented local chefs
- Welcome Cocktail Evening & Captain's Farewell Dinner with live local entertainment
- Taste the famous Rab cakes in Rab, known as the ‘Island of Love’ & a Maraschino cherry & wine tasting experiences
- Professional English-speaking Cruise Director, with lectures on board
- Private, luxury airport transfers
Day by Day Itinerary
Enjoy a private transfer to our Deluxe Balcony ship, docked within the charming coastal town of Opatija, with check in from 1pm. You will have ample time to explore the town’s rich history and culture with well-manicured parks and glamorous villas. It is the matriarch of Croatian tourism – famed for enticing celebrities from all over Europe during the belle époque. Tonight is the Captain’s Welcome Cocktail evening, which is a chance to meet your fellow guests, the captain, crew and the Tour Director.
OPATIJA – RAB ISLAND (B, L, T)
We set sail towards the charming Rab Island, known as the ‘Island of Love.’ Rab is truly one of the greenest islands in the Adriatic and probably one of the most magical, encircled by ancient walls. On arrival you will be met by our local guide for a guided tour of the old town. You’ll visit imposing stone walls, the 16th century monastery of St Justine, the Romanesque church towers, medieval palaces, strolling along the stone streets and ancient facades. You will get the opportunity to sample the traditional sweet treat which is native to the island: the Rabska Torta or Rab cake.
RAB ISLAND - ZADAR (B, L, T)
This morning we sail on towards the centre of Dalmatia, the famous town of Zadar. You will be met by our local guide for a guided walking tour, of this fascinating and emerging city. You will also get to taste Zadar’s authentic cherry Maraschino liqueur recognised all over the world for its distinctive sweet taste and aroma. This evening you will experience the unique and incredible Sea Organ, an underwater system of pipes and whistles that provides mellifluous tones by the movement of the sea within its stone stairs, whilst you admire a spectacular Zadar sunset.
ZADAR - PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK (B, D)
Today you will experience one of the highlights of the trip with a full-day trip to the Plitvice Lakes National Park, an idyllic paradise. This is Croatia’s most recognisable UNESCO-listed national park and is comprised of 16 cascading lakes and travertine waterfalls. Our local guide will lead you on a tour of some of the 300 square KM forest reserve and 16 terraced lakes. You will stroll along the winding walkways and hiking trails that go around the shimmering waters and return to the ship in Zadar this evening for a delicious dinner with authentic local entertainment.
ZADAR - LOSINJ (B, L)
This morning we depart early to sail on towards the striking and unspoiled island of Losinj, which is known as the ‘Island of Wellness and Vitality.’ It is also famous for its lush green vegetation, pines, wild flowers and herbs. After a swim stop in the crystal-clear Adriatic, we arrive at the town of Mali Losinj, which boasts one of the most beautiful harbours in the Adriatic. You will be met by our local guide who will show you the delights of this charming fishing village, where you will discover the unique history, heritage and culture of the island.
Optional Experience – 90 Minute dolphin watching experience organised by the Blue World Institute
LOSINJ - CRES (B, L)
After a relaxing morning and a swim in the rejuvenating Adriatic, we set sail along the Kvarner Gulf, towards the delightful island of Cres. This is a fascinating island, Croatia’s least developed, full of olive trees and vineyards and with a rugged topography that makes it a great area for walking. When we arrive, you can experience abandoned hamlets, caves and the island’s unspoiled beaches. Cres town itself, has been successfully ruled by Romans, Byzantines and the first independent Croatians around 822, as well as the Venetians.
CRES - OPATIJA (B, L, D)
On the final day of this cruise, we make an early departure back towards Opatija. We will stop on route on one of the calm bays for a final swim stop. Admire the famous Opatija Riviera as we approach the harbour. When we arrive, explore the town, which was once a resort for the higher strands of society. Visit the Villa Angiolina, which was built in 1844 and now houses the Museum of Croatian Tourism with memories of a glorious past. With up to 12 kilometres of promenade, you will almost certainly have worked up an appetite, and enjoy our farewell captains dinner.
OPATIJA Check out (B)
After breakfast it is time to say goodbye to all the crew and fellow passengers. Check out is by 9am with a private onward transfer.
Select Your Currency
*Prices quoted are per person based on double occupancy. For single travelers, please add the single supplement to the price quoted.
|27th June 2020||MV Memories||€1,695||Not Available||€1,995||80 %||Cabins Available||Request|
|19th September 2020||MV Memories||€1,695||Not Available||€1,995||80 %||Cabins Available||Request|
- Brand new 2019/2020 built ship with onboard Jacuzzi and splash pool
- Private arrival and departure transfers
- Daily buffet breakfast with generous fresh fruit selection
- Daily 4 Course set lunch with a choice of beer, wine or soft drink with your lunch (lunch is not included whilst at the Plitvice Lakes National Park – dinner is included on this day)
- 3 Evening meals are included in this itinerary
- Welcome dinner reception with choice of drink
- Captain’s Farewell Dinner with live entertainment and a choice of drink
- Professional Cruise Director throughout the cruise with optional lectures on board
- Guided tour and entry to the Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Maraschino cherry tasting experience
- Guided walking tours of towns: Zadar, Rab Town, Losinj and Opatija
- Visitors’ taxes & port fees
- Complimentary WiFi and iPads available on board
What's Not Included
- Port taxes of €40 per person
- Return flights to Croatia (Please speak to us if you would like flights included in your package)
Deluxe Balcony7 DaysMV Memories ShipFrom: €1,495
Deluxe Balcony7 DaysMV Memories ShipFrom: €1,615