Privacy & Cookie Statement
Cruise Croatia is a brand of Unforgettable Travel Company Ltd (UTC). Registered address: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE. Company no: 9738411.
We value and take your privacy very seriously. We do not misuse any data, nor do we sell any of it to third parties. You can be assured that all our data is securely stored and that cookies are only used in order to provide the best user experience possible on our website.
UTC takes all of the necessary precautions to ensure that your privacy is secure and protected. When we ask you to provide your data during your website experience or when you are using our services or website, this is always in accordance with our privacy statement.
Please note that UTC may update and change this policy on occasion, so please check this page before you use the website to ensure you are in agreement. This policy is effective from 1st April 2021.
Who we are
UTC is a privately-owned UK company specialising in crafting and selling cruise and sailing trips to Croatia, with offices in London, Split, San Francisco and Melbourne.
All personal information that is provided to us or gathered by us is managed and controlled by UTC, which is registered at 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE.
We take data security very seriously and are committed to ensuring that when we collect data from you it is handled securely. To prevent any access or disclosure of your data we have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure your information both online and offline.
Information we collect
When you register on our website, use our mobile application, complete a booking form, fill in a response card, subscribe to a mailing list, participate in market research and contact us online and offline we collect the following information from you:
- Name, address, contact details including phone and email address
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information
- Holiday information including reviews, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, enquires about your holiday, brochure and marketing requests
- Travel information you have supplied, including names, emergency contacts, insurance information, birth dates, disability or medical, dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, special service needs, visa information, country of residence and nationality. This can also be your travel companions and family members
- Survey information, such as feedback, offers, competitions, customer surveys, and market research.
We do not store any financially sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, security numbers or bank details.
We also receive some of the following information automatically when you use the website, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone:
- Browsing, purchase and search history. We also use Google Analytics software to measure and collect session information such as the length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and how many clicks were made on a particular page
- Domain and IP address that enable you to connect to the internet, as well as your computer browser, operating systems, internet connection, search terms, referral information and standard information collected by default by software such as Google Analytics
- Telephone information including call duration, phone numbers, and occasionally recorded call sessions that are used for training and quality control
- Third part information about you that comes from other sources may also be added to our account information, including things such as new address information from the Royal Mail to keep our records up-to-date.
How we store the data and information we gather
We collect information from you to get a better understanding of your needs and how we can improve your service, and to:
- Keep records of our interactions with you for auditing and regulation purposes
- Improve our services and products
- Send occasional promotional emails about our services, offers and products, or any other information you might find interesting to the email address you have supplied.
- For marketing purposes such as display adverts on our website or other websites based upon your visits to the website and contact with UTC
- Contact your for market research purposes
- Personalise and customise our website to suit your interests and needs
We may contact you by phone, email or mail unless requested otherwise.
A cookie is a small text file that is automatically stored on your computer or device whenever you visit a website. They are used across the web to ensure websites function more efficiently and they also provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies enable web applications to respond to you as an individual, they can adjust their operations to suit you needs, and gather your likes and dislikes by remembering your preferences as you browse the web.
Cookies enable us to provide you with a better website, by providing us with data to find out which pages are engaging and useful and which ones are not.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer, other than the data you choose to share with us, it only collects information about your use of the website to enable us to craft the best user experience possible.
Who may see your data
Due to the nature of our travel bookings, we will need to disclose some of your information to our partners, these include:
- Delivery companies who deliver your travel booking, such as USPS/FedEx/Royal Mail and similar
- Travel companies such as hotels, ground handlers, airlines, and car rental companies
We only give out the information necessary to fulfil the booking or the enquiry, such as your name and address to delivery companies and passport information and name to airlines.
To help us understand and maintain our data we will, on occasion, employ the service of an external specialist to clean and analyse the data we have. For this purpose we only use high-quality companies that have been carefully selected by us in the US, and all data shared is protected by a non-disclosure agreement and is not stored after the work has been completed.
Due to the nature of our business and the nature of the internet, your information and data may sometimes be transferred outside of the country or come from a country outside of the US. If you are submitted your data to us from inside the European Economic Area (EEA) then it might be possible that your data has also be transferred outside of the EEA, where data privacy regulations operate differently.
Many countries require Advanced Passenger Information (API) before you departure or arrival. This can include your name, passport details, nationality, visa information, transit, and destination data. The law requires Airlines and other transport companies to transmit this information at the time of the ticket issue4e. To comply with these regulations, UTC is required to pass on the relevant information to those select companies who then transmit the data to the authorities.
Controlling your personal information
We do not sell, lease or distribute your data or personal information to any third parties unless we are required to do so by law or have your permission to do so.
You can restrict the distribution and collection of your data in the following ways should you wish to do so:
- Unsubscribe to marketing emails by clicking on the links within the emails themselves or unsubscribe to all marketing materials by emailing [email protected]
- Request the personal details we hold about you and update them at anytime by contacting our data manager
If you have reason to believe that the data we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via email or by writing to the address below as soon as possible. We will then correct your data asap.
Other web links
If you click on another web address within our site you will be redirected to that particular website, and should know that once you have been redirected we do not have any control over that website. As such, we are no longer responsible for the protection or privacy of any information you provide, and any sites linked to this website are not governed under this privacy statement. Be aware and cautious of this when clicking on other web addresses and always consult the privacy statements of the other websites to understand how your data will be used by them.