7-Night Luxury Dubrovnik to Split Balcony Cruise (2021)
Dubrovnik - Slano - Mljet - Korcula - Hvar - Vis - Sibenik - Krka - Split
Dubrovnik to Split Luxury Balcony Cruise
Hop aboard a luxury small ship for an intimate journey sailing from the “Pearl of the Adriatic,” Dubrovnik after a tour of the Old City with a walk atop its medieval stone walls. Along the way, you’ll take in beautiful islands, swim in crystal-clear turquoise waters, explore fascinating history and feast on lots of delicious Dalmatian fare, paired with fine local wines. Just a few of the highlights include a tour through Korcula’s “mini-Dubrovnik” walled Old Town, a refreshing dip under a waterfall at Krka National Park and a Jeep safari tour on unspoiled Vis.
At a Glance
- A guided tour through the cobblestone streets of Dubrovnik to witness its centuries-old medieval landmarks and take a walk on the top of the Old City walls
- Witness the wonder of the renowned Blue Cave on Bisevo Island
- See Mljet National Park’s two saltwater lakes, one of which holds an ancient Benedictine monastery and then enjoy a fresh oyster tasting experience at an oyster farm in Ston
- Head to the jet-setters’ island of Hvar, join a wine tasting and take in the stunning panoramic views from the Spanjola Fortress
- Take a Jeep safari tour on unspoiled Vis, a former military island closed to the public for 40 years
- Tour Korcula walled Old Town, known as a “mini-Dubrovink” then head to a charming local village for an authentic traditional local dinner
- Check out Sibenik’s impressive historic buildings and one of Croatia’s most important monuments from the Renaissance period
- Tour Krka Waterfalls National Park, including time to swim under serene Skradinski Buk
- Tour the 1,700-year-old Diocletian’s Palace with a local guide in Split
Day by Day Itinerary
Your grand adventure begins with arrival into Dubrovnik Airport. You’ll be met by our welcoming driver for private transfer to your ship that awaits in Gruz Harbour. Check in is anytime from 2 p.m. on, but you can drop off your luggage earlier or enjoy getting settled into your cabin before embarking on a walking tour of Dubrovink’s fortified Old City, including a walk atop the medieval walls. Afterward, get to know your captain, crew and fellow passengers at the Welcome Reception on board.
Our cruise begins with a stop at the fishing village of Slano on the mainland. From here you’ll visit the nearby fortified village of Ston, world-famous for its oysters. First, gaze up at the impressive medieval ramparts, with time to capture photos and then we’ll take a walk along the coast to the oyster farm for any oyster tasting experience. There’s nothing like enjoying these delicacies fresh from the sea.
Mljet National Park and Korcula
An early departure takes us to lush Mljet Island to explore Mljet National Park with its two famous saltwater lakes surrounded by lush greenery. Once back onboard, we sail to the alleged birthplace of explorer Marco Polo. Meet our guide at the steps of the entrance to its fairy tale-like walled Old Town noting the many influences left by its Venetian past. Afterward, look forward to a fabulous evening spent in a local village, including a dinner featuring traditional local cuisine paired with authentic Korcula entertainment.
Our next stop is the island renowned for attracting international jetsetters with rows of superyachts docked in its harbour. You’ll get a short tour that will get you familiar with its Old Town, rich in history and impressive architecture before taking off on a wine tasting tour at one of the island’s most popular family-run wineries. Your excursion continues with a visit to the Spanjola Fortress to enjoy the jaw-dropping panoramic view of Hvar Town, the harbour and Pakleni islands.
We’ll make our way toward island known for offering a slice of “the Mediterranean as it once was,” Vis, but first you’ll enjoy a tour of the world-renowned Blue Cave to witness its interior illuminated in a surreal blue glow. Once on Vis, which was closed down to the public for 40 years as a military base leaving it largely undeveloped, you’ll join a Jeep safari tour to discover incredible vistas, former military hideouts and one of the world’s oldest cricket clubs.
Sibenik and Krka National Park
Continuing to the ancient coastal city of Sibenik, founded more than a thousand years ago, we’ll stop here so that you can join a tour to visit nearby Krka Waterfalls National Park an enjoy a dip beneath the tranquil pool at Skradinski Buk waterfall. Returning to Sibenik, you’ll have time to wander through the maze of centuries-old alleyways and backstreets, discover its many treasures, including one of Croatia’s most important and largest Gothic-Renaissance cathedrals. This evening brings the Captain’s Dinner with live entertainment.
The final destination of our cruise brings us to the enchanting walled city of Dubrovnik. We’ll sail around those ancient walls for a dazzling view from the water before pulling into port. Meet up with our local guide who will reveal the ancient pedestrian-only Old Town, filled with magnificent treasures, including impressive architecture with Gothic and Renaissance influences. You’ll have time to explore leisurely on your own, perhaps talking a walk atop the defensive walls which brings spectacular panoramas of the historic center’s endless red-tiled roofs, the Adriatic and the Elaphiti Islands. Celebrate your trip with a fine meal and glorious sunset view afterwards in one of the rooftop restaurants.
Get your bags packed and ready for departure and then join your fellow passengers and crew for breakfast and farewells. Private transfer will bring you to your onward hotel in Split, or to Split Airport for your return flight home or wherever else your travels might bring you.
- 7-night signature cruise from Dubrovnik to Split
- Deluxe ship with modern amenities and accommodation in en-suite cabins, some with balconies
- Half-board meals included; a daily breakfast buffet with hot and cold items plus multicourse lunches
- Three evening meals, including a welcome dinner, Captain’s Dinner with live entertainment and a traditional dinner village party
- Free filtered water, coffee and tea throughout the cruise
- Wine tasting tour at a family-run winery on Hvar
- Oyster tasting experience at an oyster farm
- Blue Cave tour
- Vis Jeep safari tour
- Tour through Krka Waterfalls National Park
- Admission to Mljet National Park and Dubrovnik City Walls
- Walking tours led by local English-speaking guides through Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, Ston and Split
- Professional, attentive cruise manager provided throughout
- Free onboard Wi-Fi
- Daily cabin cleaning service
- Private airport transfers
- Port fees and visitor taxes
- Return flights to Croatia. (Please ask if you would like us to book flights for you)
- Prices based on double occupancy in twin or double rooms. The single person supplement is 70 percent.
2021 Departure Dates
- May 15th, 29th
- June 12th, 26th
- July 10th, 24th
- August 7th, 21st
- September 4th, 18th
- October 2nd, 16th